Former Joint Academic Directors
Since its inception in 2010, CERRE's core team of Joint Academic Directors has been including top level experts. Those who have now taken up new responsibilities, include:
- Professor Claude Crampes, currently Professor emeritus at the Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) and Senior Researcher at the Institut D'Economie Industrielle (IDEI). He was a member of the economic council of the Electricity Regulatory Commission and consultant to the World Bank.
- Professor Natalia Fabra, currently Professor at the Economics Department of Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. She is a member of the Economic Advisory Group on Competition Policy (EAGCP) of the DG COMP, Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research, Associate Editor of the Journal of Industrial Economics, and editor of the RePEc's New Economic Papers on Regulation.
- Professor Pierre Larouche, currently a CERRE Research Fellow, Professor of Competition Law at Tilburg University, and Vice-Director of the Tilburg Law and Economics Center. He is also a Professor at the College of Europe (Bruges) and the Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Paris).
- Professor Martin Peitz, currently a CERRE Research Fellow and Professor of Economics at the University of Mannheim. He is also Director of the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation.
- Dr Clara Poletti, currently Director, International, Strategy and Planning at the Autorità per l'energia elettrica e il gas and former Director of IEFE, Bocconi University's Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy.
- Professor Tommaso Valletti, is Chief Economist of the European Commission’s DG Competition, having assumed the role on 1 September 2016. He is also Professor of Economics at Imperial College Business School and at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. He was previously a member of the panels of academic advisors to both OFCOM and the UK Competition Commission.
- Professor Catherine Waddams, currently a CERRE Research Fellow and a faculty member of the Centre for Competition Policy and Professor at the Norwich Business School of the University of East Anglia. She is also a board member of OFWAT, the water regulator.