Our think tank’s most important asset is our people. We value our extraordinary, inspiring, diverse and unique resources. We recruit people from a wide variety of professions and backgrounds, at different stages of their careers.
In addition to applications for advertised positions, CERRE welcomes spontaneous expressions of interest from academic researchers. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Digital Communications Officer
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) is looking for a Digital Communications Officer to join its communications team. The full-time position is based in Brussels. The Digital Communications Officer will have the opportunity to grow in the role, with career development opportunities matching increased responsibilities as part of a growing team.
CERRE is a European think tank specialised in research on regulation across the energy, mobility, tech, media and telecom sectors. The independence of our work and our cross-sector, multi-disciplinary approach make us a trusted partner for all stakeholders at European and national levels. Our members include major operators and regulators from across these industries, as well as renowned academic centres.
- Join a leading, influential European think thank with a dynamic, multinational team whose work focuses on designing fit-for-purpose regulation for the green and digital “twin transition”;
- Contribute to a diverse communications programme (physical events, webinars, social media campaigns, press outreach, etc.) that showcases CERRE research to a wide community of industry, regulatory and academic experts, as well as policymakers at European and national levels;
- An opportunity to expand and develop your existing skills, in an environment which promotes new ideas and fresh approaches to our communications;
We are looking for a driven, dynamic young professional with approx. 3-4 years of experience in communications, and a versatile skill set:
- Graduated in a relevant field (communications, marketing, media, journalism or similar);
- Excellent command of written & spoken English (other languages a plus) and communication skills;
- Analytical and detail-oriented; ability to summarise complex ideas and detailed policy reports clearly for a wide audience;
- Content writing and community management skills (newsletters, press releases, website content, social media messaging);
- Creative and interested in digital topics and trends;
- Strong digital skills including experience with MS Office, website content management systems, email marketing services, social media management, visual design. Video editing skills
As Digital Communications Officer, you will report to the Head of Communications. Your tasks will include
- Drafting, formatting, designing, preparing & proofreading communication materials (newsletters, reports, press releases, etc.);
- Monitoring and preparing content for CERRE’s website & social media accounts;
- Preparing, editing & disseminating videos and visuals;
- Preparing tailored communications campaigns, such as the launch of new reports;
- Supporting the organisation of conferences, webinars, dinner debates and other events;
- Proposing new communications activities, styles, formats and ideas to widen the impact and reach of CERRE’s research and events;
- Contributing to the development of a strategic communication calendar;
Head of Communication for a high-profile, leading think tank
CERRE – the Centre on Regulation in Europe is an internationally known though, human-sized think tank providing original analyses and policy recommendations. Our 50+ prestigious membership list includes global corporations, regulation authorities and universities from Europe, the US and China. We are currently recruiting our Head of Communications, who will report to the Director General.
- Design and implement effective communications strategies which will deliver expanded visibility to our brand, our output and our team as well as enhance the impact of our organisation in Europe and beyond;
- Lead a small team that delivers multi-channel communications and events activities;
- As a leadership team member, contribute to the think tank’s successful development.
- Developing, managing and implementing all communications strategies, content, format, and activities to ensure the impact of the on-going programmes, project reports, and online and offline activities;
- Ensuring a steady cadence of these activities, including online and hybrid events, social media, media relations, etc;
- Managing corporate communications and the brand to position the organisation as a global think tank of reference in its field;
- Strengthening and developing long-term relationships with editorial desks and individual journalists (from local, national, and international media), pitching stories and interviews (with the senior staff and our academic team), drafting press releases, opinion pieces, blogs, etc.;
- Managing all communications activities related to the launch of the research projects and activities:
- Engaging with academic and secretariat colleagues to define outcomes, objectives, and key messages;
- Overseeing the development and delivery of public events to present the think tank research;
- Drafting key messages and overseeing the preparation of communications materials (website text, press releases, infographics, videos, social media content and visuals);
- Delivering campaigns through engaging, advising and encouraging colleagues on the best use of communications tools.
- Leading a small, dedicated team, overseeing every aspect, and checking the quality of content for all communication channels;
- With the support, when necessary, of an external communications agency:
- Developing creative digital content across a variety of formats on online channels and social media;
- Managing the production of communications materials, including reports, issuing papers, op-eds, briefings, blogs, videos, visuals, newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Overseeing the development, promotion, and delivery of high-profile events with European commissioners, national ministers, MEPs, CEOs, and C-Suite stakeholders;
- Checking and reviewing communications processes regularly as the context around the organisation evolves.
- You ideally hold a relevant Bachelor or Master (in (Digital) Communications, Languages, etc.);
- You have 5+ years’ relevant experience in communications (possibly current n°2 in the Communications team of a reputable public affairs or communications agency or think tank);
- You have PR/media relations experience and contacts with a variety of journalists;
- You have experience in leading and motivating a team to deliver ambitious results;
- You have an excellent level of English (C1/C2+ – written and spoken); an operational level of French is a plus;
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable with online communication and creative tools;
- You are a great communicator, concise in your written and oral expression;
- You are rigorous, have outstanding attention to detail, and are demanding for yourself as well as for your team.
- A permanent and full-time contract or a freelance contract;
- Starting date: as soon as possible;
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package;
- Location: Avenue Louise (close to Bois de la Cambre/Ter Kameren) ;
- Working hours: 38 hours/week;
- The opportunity to work in a quality-oriented and intellectually stimulating environment in very nice offices.
To apply for this position, send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews of selected candidates will take place on a rolling basis. We, therefore, encourage interested candidates to send their applications as soon as possible.