Our think tank’s most important asset is our people. We value our extraordinary, inspiring, diverse and unique resources. We recruit people from a wide variety of professions and backgrounds, at different stages of their careers.
In addition to applications for advertised positions, CERRE welcomes spontaneous expressions of interest from academic researchers. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Exciting Opportunity Alerts
Academic coordinator, Energy / Mobility / Sustainability (part-time)
Join us as the Energy/Mobility/Sustainability Academic Coordinator and be at the forefront of innovative policy and regulatory developments that can shape the future of Europe and beyond.
About the Role
As the EMS Academic Coordinator, you’ll be an integral part of our dynamic academic and secretariat teams, collaborating closely with prestigious member organisations, including corporations, regulatory authorities, and academic centres from across the world. Your role will be to spearhead the design, execution, and promotion of cutting-edge research projects and events. Your contributions will play a pivotal role in further enhancing CERRE’s credibility and real-world policy impact.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and Deliver Excellence: Oversee the timely and high quality execution of research projects while maintaining strict scientific standards as well as asserting CERRE’s independence.
- Facilitate Collaboration: Chair and facilitate project meetings and other public or private activities, offering your insights and expertise to drive regulatory innovation.
- Craft Compelling Insights: Create clear, well-crafted concept notes and concise policy papers in coordination with lead academics, aligning with CERRE’s strategic priorities.
- Amplify our Voice: Strengthen CERRE’s influence in the realm of policy-making and regulation within and beyond the European Union. Orchestrate exciting dissemination activities such as conferences, seminars, webinars, and more.
- Effective Communication: Collaborate with our Communications team to produce impactful executive summaries, press releases, and other communication materials. Share your knowledge and your visibility through timely op-eds, blog posts, and more.
- Strategic Vision: Actively contribute your innovative ideas to your colleagues from the CERRE leadership team, helping to shape our research programmes and drive cross-cutting and international initiatives.
What You Need
- Educational Background: Hold a PhD in law, economic or science from a reputable university with a focus on energy, mobility, and/or sustainability.
- Academic Experience: 2-5 years of academic experience. Additional work experience in energy companies, consultancy firms, regulatory authorities or other key stakeholders is a plus.
- Language Skills: Demonstrated near-native fluency in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus.
- Flexibility: Enjoy flexible work arrangements, such as part-time and remote work, combined with competitive compensation. While much of your work can be done remotely, travel to Brussels will be necessary to interface with members and the CERRE secretariat.
Why Join Us
- Shape the Future: Be a driving force in shaping policy and regulation that impact the world.
- Impactful Work: Your contributions will influence the energy, mobility, and sustainability sectors. Thrive in a dynamic and innovative work culture.
- Enlarge your Network: Engage with a broad range of academic, industry, regulatory and policy experts.
- Competitive Compensation: We value your expertise and offer a competitive compensation package.
Are you ready to embark on this exciting journey with us, and help make a difference? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Join our team at CERRE and help us pave the way for a sustainable future.
To apply for this position, send your CV and a short cover letter to Recruitment@cerre.eu with ‘EMS Academic Coordinator / [candidate’s name]’ in the subject line by 5 November 2023.
Accompanying references and recommendation letters are also welcome.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will take place on a rolling basis as of the week of 6 November. We would like to encourage interested candidates to send their applications as soon as possible.
Project Manager in Energy, Mobility and Sustainability ( full time)
Are you passionate about driving impactful change in the energy, mobility, and sustainability sectors? We’re thrilled to announce a golden opportunity for a talented and dedicated individual to join our dynamic team at CERRE, a leading research organization based in the heart of Brussels!
Why You’ll Love Working With Us:
– Innovative Projects: As a Project Manager, you will lead, plan, and coordinate the delivery of cutting-edge research initiatives. Dive into diverse projects shaping the future of energy, mobility, and sustainability.
– Strategic Impact: Make a real difference by coordinating the pitching of groundbreaking research projects to our esteemed members. Your role will shape the industry landscape and influence policymakers on a European scale.
–Collaborative Environment: Join forces with brilliant minds! Work closely with our experienced CERRE directors, academics, and a passionate team to create meaningful research outputs.
–Networking Opportunities: Engage with influential stakeholders, including EU policymakers, industry experts, and academics. Build lasting relationships and expand your professional network.
-Professional Growth: Harness your project management expertise and expand your horizons. Contribute to dissemination activities, organise events, and be at the forefront of policy discussions in the EU.
-Work-Life Balance: Enjoy a vibrant work atmosphere in the heart of Brussels, Avenue Louise/Bois de la Cambre. Balance your professional and personal life while contributing to impactful research initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
-Experienced Professional: Bring 3–4 years of project management/consulting experience, particularly in energy-related domains. Demonstrate your ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver exceptional results.
–Detail-Oriented Leader: Exhibit unparalleled organisational skills and attention to detail. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with precision.
–Excellent Communicator: Shine in your ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, from industry representatives to policymakers. Fluency in English is essential, and additional languages are a plus.
-EU Policy Enthusiast: Have a keen understanding of EU policymaking, especially in energy. Embrace opportunities to expand your knowledge and delve into new policy areas.
How to Apply:
Ready to embark on this exciting journey? Send your CV and a compelling cover letter to Recruitment@cerre.eu with ‘Project Manager Energy / [Your Name]’ in the subject line by 30 October 2023. We also welcome references and recommendation letters showcasing your achievements.
⏰ Hurry, Interviews Are Happening Now!: Our recruitment process includes interviews and a short written test, starting from 23 October 2023. Don’t miss this chance—apply as soon as possible and become a driving force in shaping Europe’s energy future!
Join us in making a lasting impact. Together, let’s transform ideas into action and create a sustainable future for all.
Digital Communications Officer ( Full time)
Are you a passionate and skilled communicator with a flair for digital innovation? Look no further! We are seeking a talented Digital Communications Officer to join our vibrant team in Brussels.
Why Join Us?
·Be a Game Changer: Contribute to our diverse communication program, showcasing CERRE’s research through physical events, webinars, social media campaigns, press outreach and influential reports
·Career Growth: Grow with us! Embrace career development opportunities and increased responsibilities in our expanding team.
·Innovation at its Core: Explore and enhance your skills in an environment that fosters creativity and fresh approaches to communication
What You Bring:
We are seeking a dynamic professional with approximately 3-4 years of communications experience and a versatile skill set.
·Educational Background: Graduate in communications, marketing, media, journalism, or related fields.
·Language Proficiency: Exceptional command of written & spoken English ( C1 Level) native English speakers are a plus.
·Analytical Mind: Ability to disseminate complex ideas and policy reports for diverse audiences.
· Creative Flair: Passion for digital trends and innovative communication styles.
·Digital Expertise: Proficiency in MS Office, website content management, social media management, and video editing.
As our Digital Communications Officer, you’ll play a pivotal role in our team.
·Content Mastery: Craft, design, and proofread communication materials, including newsletters, reports, and press releases.
·Digital Wizardry: Manage and curate content for CERRE’s website & social media platforms; create engaging videos and visuals.
·Innovative Campaigns: Spearhead tailored communication campaigns, launching new reports and events.
·Event Support: Assist in organising conferences, webinars, and other impactful events.
· Strategic Input: Propose creative communication activities and ideas, contributing to our strategic communication calendar.
How to Apply: Ready to embark on this exciting journey with us? Send your CV and a compelling cover letter to Recruitment@cerre.eu, with the subject line ‘Digital Communications Officer / [Your Name],’ by 30 October 2023.
References and recommendation letters are warmly welcomed.