Our think tank’s most important asset is our people. We value our extraordinary, inspiring, diverse and unique resources. We recruit people from a wide variety of professions and backgrounds, at different stages of their careers.
In addition to applications for advertised positions, CERRE welcomes spontaneous expressions of interest from academic researchers. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TMT & Communication intern
Join a friendly multinational team within a leading European think tank.
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE), a European think tank specialised in energy, mobility and digital policies, is looking for a skilled and motivated intern. This is a paid internship for minimum 6 months, based in Brussels, with a transition to full employment upon successful completion of the internship period.
This internship provides an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and have a hands-on experience in European communication, project management, as well as technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) policies in Europe.
The intern will assist the TMT and Communications teams with the following tasks:
Technology | Media | Telecom
- Administrative, technical and financial management of research projects;
- Organisation of seminars, webinars, and other events;
- Meetings with stakeholders and drafting minutes of meetings;
- Maintaining and regularly updating the project management tools for each project;
- Monitoring trends and political news and updating the policy stakeholders lists.
- Drafting, designing and preparing communications materials for newsletters, annual report, website, social media, etc.;
- Preparing special communications campaigns re: the launch of new studies, etc.;
- Preparing, editing and disseminating studies, videos, presentations, visuals;
- EU work permit;
- Fluency in English;
- University degree in Communications, International Relations, Political Science, International Business, Economics, or related subjects;
- Detail oriented and proactive;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Interest in technology, media, and telecommunications a plus;
- Strong social media skills;
- Excellent office software skills (MS Office); video editing and design skills are a plus;
- Ability to work under deadline pressures, multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Team spirit.
What we offer
- 6 months internship period with a transition to full employment upon successful completion of the internship period;
- Performance evaluation;
- Opportunity to rapidly learn and acquire skills in high demand;
- Modern office located Avenue Louise near the Bois de la Cambre;
- Exposure to multicultural environment;
- A generous monthly allowance.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants for this paid internship should send their CV and a short cover letter to John McSweeney, Operations Director, at email@example.com. Please include ‘Internship [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 14 October 2020
Please note that interviews will, however, start as of 21 September. We encourage applicants to send their applications as soon as possible.
Start date: ASAP