We're hiring a communications intern!
CERRE is looking for a skilled and motivated intern for a period of 5 to 6 months in Brussels.
This internship provides an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and have a hands-on experience in European communication, European affairs, science communication, energy, mobility and digital policies in Europe, as well as project management.
2020 will be a special year for CERRE as we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary, which will, of course, be reflected in our communications activities.
The trainee will assist the Senior Communications Manager in the dissemination of CERRE’s content and in further building the CERRE brand and visibility:
- Drafting, designing and preparing communications materials (newsletters, annual report, brochures, …)
- Updating the website, drafting social media contents;
- Preparing, editing and disseminating videos and visuals;
- Media relations;
- Monitoring trends and political news;
- Supporting the organisation of conferences, seminars, and other events;
- Preparing special communications campaigns (10th Anniversary, launch of new studies, …);
- Contribute to CERRE’s outreach activities.
- Degree in Communications or related area;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English, especially written;
- Interest in politics and European affairs;
- Strong social media skills;
- Good office software skills (MS Office);
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, prioritise workload, rapid responsiveness.
BENEFITS OF THE INTERNSHIP
- Coaching and tutoring by an experienced communications professional;
- A friendly work environment in a small multinational team;
- 5 days/week in our lovely offices located Avenue Louise.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their CV and a short cover letter addressed to CERRE’s Senior Communications Manager Lauriane Giet, with ‘Communications Internship [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Monday 4 November 2019. Interviews will take place in Brussels in the course of November. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.