CERRE is looking for a Junior Accountant
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) is a well-respected European think tank whose members are major European energy, telecom, media, IT and transport companies, as well as national regulatory agencies and university centres. CERRE completes top quality studies and organises high-level dissemination activities (seminars, workshops, etc.).
Due to the rapid development of its activities, CERRE has a vacancy for a Junior Accountant, to start immediately, who will be responsible for maintaining day to day bookkeeping, contracts and provide related administrative services.
Reporting to the Office Manager and the Director General, he/she will be expected to assume the following responsibilities
- Accounting duties such as producing invoices and recording incoming invoices;
- Filing paper records and maintaining electronic records;
- Compiling documents to submit to our company accountant;
- Updating cash situation and process monthly payments.
- Assist with preparation of contracts;
- Communicate with banks, accountants, auditors, suppliers, member organisations and academic resources;
- Maintenance of efficient electronic and hard-copy filing systems;
- Assist with project related administrative work as required;
- Assist in compiling and assembling documentation for events;
- Assist the Office Manager.
- Energetic, result-oriented organiser with a keen eye for detail;
- Able to organise, to set priorities and to deliver multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to successfully integrate in a small team where everybody is multi-tasked;
- Hard worker, flexible, with a sense of urgency, stress resistant;
- Be honest, trustworthy;
- Ability to perform duties while maintaining discretion and confidentiality;
- Impeccable presentation;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accounting, bookkeeping and administration skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Full (spoken and written) command of English and French;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Winbooks, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A motivating work environment within a respected European think tank;
- Full time 38 hours / week, but ability to adapt to flexible working hours;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Opportunities to develop within a very successful, growing organisation;
Avenue Louise / Abbaye de la Cambre / Avenue Legrand - 1050 Brussels
- Application only with a letter describing your motivation (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages) in appendix;
- All documents to be submitted by mail, in English and in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications not meeting all the above requirements will not be considered;
- Starting date : asap;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; no contact by phone